*Coming soon! Available June 30, 2021*
Written by: Dr. Danielle O’Connor ND
Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are a type of fat required by the body to establish and maintain overall well-being. They are called ‘essential’ because the human body is unable to synthesize them – they need to be acquired daily through diet. Omega-3s have been shown to help support cognitive health, brain function, cardiovascular health, and the healthy development of brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age.1 Fortunately, Omegas are today available in a variety of fun formats with kid-friendly tastes like the NEW Ultimate Fish Oil for Kids in Bubble gum flavour.
Omegessentials contains primarily the triglyceride form of EPA and DHA for optimal absorption and assimilation.
There are a lot of Omega-3 supplements for kids on the market today. What makes our formula unique is the quality of our Omega-3 sourcing as well as the addition of important Omega-6 FA’s Linoleic Acid as well as GLA. Progressive Omegessentials Sustainably Sourced™ promise includes:
- Regulated Fishing Stewardship
- Habitat Environmental Protection
- Certified Accountability and Responsibility Practices
- Purity Guaranteed
The Sustainably Sourced™ designation also considers environmental impact to ensure we are helping to protect and preserve the environment so that our waters are healthy and full of life for future.
Ultimate Fish Oil for Kids is a high potency, multi-source fish oil supplement designed to help nourish a developing body and mind. It features a blend of cold water, wild caught fish oils including sardine, anchovy, and mackerel. Each teaspoon provides 800mg DHA and 200mg EPA.
- Health Canada (2018). Fish Oil Monograph. Accessed Jan 24, 2019 at: http://webprod.hcsc.gc.ca/nhpidbdipsn/atReq.do?atid=fish.oil.huile.poisson&lang=eng
- Langlois K Ratnayake WMN. (2015). Omega-3 Index of Canadian adults. Statistics Canada Health Reports.: 82-003-x Vol. 26 No.11 p3-11.